To the outsider, the food and beverage industry operates in a benign and clean environment. Although this assumption is largely true, it requires that facilities are rigorously cleaned and high standards of hygiene maintained. Cleaning processes include the use of chemical disinfectants and washdowns to prevent pathogens accumulating on any surface. Since the introduction of the Food Safety Management Act, the FDA Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Part 110 was updated and requires that equipment in manufacturing and food handling areas is constructed so it can be kept in a clean condition, even if it doesn’t come into direct contact with food. Read More on their website >>
The RF1V series of force-guided relays are a cost-effective and easy way to expand mechanical contact outputs in a control circuit. Adding to this popular series, new models are now available offering a counter-electromotive force (CEMF) diode. These are ideal for adding multiple output contacts to electronic safety relays and safety controllers. The diode circuit added to the coil of these relays helps eliminate damaging fly-back voltage to the electronic equipment.
Force-guided relays are key electromechanical switching components, providing a failsafe within safety circuits and detecting failures such as contact welding or damage to the contact spring failure. Often used in combination with elevator controls, interlock switches, light curtains and emergency stop switches, these relays are crucial in safety control applications.
Advantech’s Industrial IoT Starter Kit does exactly that. Using Advantech’s WebAccess SCADA software running on our small Industrial PC you can easily connect to your existing PLC or controller and gather the required data and display it on a variety of devices – local to the machine or through any browser based device, including your smartphone.
Connect your PLC directly or over your network to an UNO controller and start collecting and displaying data through Advantech’s WebAccess/SCADA software. Do you need to add extra data points? Simply connect one of Advantech’s easily configured Remote IO modules - Modbus, Ethernet/IP or WiFi, Analog or Digital.
Features and Benefits
The AWK-1137C is an ideal client solution for industrial wireless mobile applications. It enables WLAN connections for both Ethernet and serial devices, and is compliant with industrial standards and approvals covering operating temperature, power input voltage, surge, ESD, and vibration. The AWK-1137C can operate on either the 2.4 or 5 GHz bands, and is backwards-compatible with existing 802.11a/b/g deployments to future-proof your wireless investments.
• Integrated antenna and power isolation designed to provide 500 V insulation protection against external electrical interference
• -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models (-T) available for smooth wireless communication in harsh environments
• Client-based Turbo Roaming for < 150 ms roaming recovery time between APs
• MIMO technology to ensure transmitting and receiving capability while on the move
• Anti-vibration performance (with reference to IEC 60068-2-6)
• Semi-automatically configurable to reduce deployment cost
• Use AeroMag for error-free setup of your industrial applications’ fundamental WLAN settings
• Various communication interfaces for connecting to different types of devices
• One-to-many NAT to simplify your machine setup